popen() to execute\read a Linux (not windows) command

Boaz Harrosh wine at electrozaur.com
Wed Nov 23 10:04:59 CST 2005

Sergio wrote:
> I see. But I need to link to msvcrt for the rest of the functions in the dll
> I am trying to make. I only need popen to be linked using linux' libraries.
> Do you know what I can do to have both things (standard popen and wine's
> libraries for the rest of the dll)?

A second dll maybe. (That is not liked to msvcrt)

Also one more thing you could do is a small Winelib app
(run_unix.exe.so) that communicates STDIN STDOUT raw style through
GetStdHandle / ReadFile /WriteFile (see MSDN). and in tern popen() a
Linux process. So you do:

<Winelib_code>
    popen("run_unix param1 param2 ..." ,"rb+") ;
</Winelib_code>

Such a program could also be useful for a Native app that needs to run a
Linux application.

Free Life
Boaz