Implement directory object in wineserver.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Nov 23 10:59:42 CST 2005

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

> Just want to make clear for myself. You want me to add all this code to
> each object's create/open instead of putting it in the one place?

Yes. If there's common code you can of course move it to a shared
function. But please not an ugly macro that accesses the request
structure behind the scenes.

> Mm I don't want to do that because find_object_dir could and will be used
> on any object. I'm planning on renaming our current find_object into
> something like find_object_ns only to be used by objects with their own
> namespace. And they will use it only in lookup_name.

I'm not sure there's much point in making all objects directories. It
would probably be better to have a base directory object with its own
ops function table.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org