Implement directory object in wineserver.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Nov 23 11:48:48 CST 2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:34:05 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

>> Basically event, mutex, section, timer, etc can go there with minor
>> changes to code. Named pipes, mail slots and winstations with desktops
>> are a bit different. They have their own name space, that I'm planning on
>> using current namespace mechanism for. With the sample code I've sent to
>> you some days ago to show how that would work with named pipes.
>> find_object_dir worked perfectly on named pipes. The problem is object
>> creation. Actually not a creation itself, but insertion into the local
>> name space. I need to call different functions to insert an object into
>> directory or local name space (struct namespace). To do that I will need
>> to know what object type are we creating and what object type is the
>> parent.
> Sorry, but that's wrong. You should *never* check the object type
> explicitly. You need a generic function to insert an object into a
> directory, and a generic directory type that can implement the various
> types of directories.

I'm not sure if that's possible. You can't insert mutex or even into
named pipe's name space. Same, you can't insert named pipe or desktop
into a directory object.

Because we don't have object type objects, I can't think of any other way
to check that we are inserting the right object type into the correct
place.