Implement directory object in wineserver.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Nov 23 12:48:56 CST 2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 11:30:18 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

>> I'm not sure if that's possible. You can't insert mutex or even into
>> named pipe's name space. Same, you can't insert named pipe or desktop
>> into a directory object.
>>
>> Because we don't have object type objects, I can't think of any other way
>> to check that we are inserting the right object type into the correct
>> place.

> You shouldn't need a generic check, each object knows its type when
> it's created so it can do the check. In fact you don't need a generic
The problem is not with an object creation. The problem is with inserting
an object into the parent's name space. Basically I need to know when to
call "insert_into_dir" and when to call "set_object_name".

> directory, you can use completely different types for the different
> kinds of directories.
Mm no, directory is a directory. Native does not have different types of
directories. So we shouldn't either. The trick here is that OM doesn't
care about each object's internal name space. It can be implemented in
any way driver want to implement it. But because we don't have such a
flexible implementation, we have to cross the line in some places.