Compiling wine on AMD64

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 18:30:58 CST 2005

On 11/27/05, James Trotter <james.trotter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  I've installed Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) on an amd64 machine. I was going
> to install wine, and noticed that it's only packaged for i386, but I noticed
> the comments on the bottom of this page
> http://winehq.org/site/download-deb, which explain how to
> build wine from source.

Is there a question or is this is comment?

I'm interested myself. I tried building from source on my Gentoo AMD64
machine. I failed. However Gentoo portage has stuff fixed up so that
it builds. I'm also running Crossover Office on this machine so I know
it can be done but I couldn't get it to work myself.

Good luck,
Mark