D3DX9 SDK releases, DLL support (CIV4)

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:02:44 CST 2005

Raphael <fenix <at> club-internet.fr> writes:

> On Sunday 27 November 2005 21:18, Andrei Barbu wrote:
> >  D3DX9_26.DLL is missing. This is a D3D9 SDK release (they put one out
> > every month or so from what I've seen, with a new DLL that has the number
> > incremented). It's mostly like the original with some minor changes.
> >
> >  How would I support this in wine? I don't know the wine build system
> > enough to extend it to do this. Is there a nice way to generate these DLLs
> > and to include the d3dx9 dll so I just have to add in/fix missing calls?
> >
> >  This may not be an issue now, but as more and more games get released more
> > will depend on these dlls.
>
> d3dx9*.dll are redistribuables dlls so games should package it.
> Anyway you can download it (d3dx9*.dll) and use it on wine without problems
> (normally:) )

All of the d3dx9_*.dll's (note the underbar!) are simple helper dlls and as
Raphael said should be bundled with the game.  A quick search for the missing
DLL on google will turn it up, download it (legality = unknown, but probably
okay since it is a redistributable fine anyways), put it in your game (or
windows/system) directory and everything should work fine.  I had to do this for
some DX test programs recently myself so I know it works no problem.