Missing WGL function declarations in wingdi.h

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:11:38 CST 2005

As the subject says, all of the WGL functions that should be declared in
wingdi.h are currently only found in dlls/opengl32/wgl.h.  I ran across this
recently while working on getting wined3d to use wgl instead of glx directly.
Currently I work around it by including wgl.h and adding makefile include
options to point to dlls/opengl32.  It would be much cleaner and correct if I
could forgo this and just include wingdi.h.  Anyone have problems with me
submitting a patch which would move the relevant (i.e. not all) parts of
dlls/opengl32/wgl.h into include/wingdi.h?

>From MSDN (for wglCreateContext):
===
Requirements

  Windows NT/2000: Requires Windows NT 3.5 or later.
  Windows 95/98: Requires Windows 95 or later. Available as a redistributable
for Windows 95.
  Header: Declared in wingdi.h.
  Import Library: Use opengl32.lib.
===