Question about X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat glXChooseFBConfig returns NULL (glError: 0)

Daniel daniel.skorka at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Nov 28 13:08:58 CST 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 03:24:32PM +0000, L. Lenders wrote:
> Hi Daniel, i opened a bug for this with requested
> info: bug 3956. Thanks for the help btw! regards Louis

Ok, I managed to catch up. So let's see:

1. You do have client GLX 1.3, but server GLX 1.2
   Raphael: That amounts to GLX version 1.2, the lower version is
   important.
2. You have a different problem. The calls to glXChooseFBConfig return
   NULL because your card doesn't want to do the requested visual. If
   you look closely, you will see another call to glXChooseFBConfig that
   does not fail because your card wants to do this visual.
3. bug #3956 should be closed.

Daniel