msvcrt incompatibility in Origin 6.0 when saving documents

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Nov 28 14:53:50 CST 2005

Hello List!

I'm testing Origin 6.0 using wine-0.9.1 and everything is really fine except saving documents. I'm getting a crash here. Just before that crash there is a dialog telling me: "File not saved. Please ensure that the disk isn't full" (roughly translated). Using a native version of msvcrt everything works fine. So I suppose that the problem lies in the builtin msvcrt ;-)

Running origin60.exe using +relay, I also get the message dialog, but the app doesn't crash. (Timing problem?)

Perhaps anybody could tell me where to start looking for the problem. Going trough the +relay-logs I can't find anything suspect. But I'm not very familliar with the win32 api ;-(

Thanks a lot for your interest,

Ciao,

Olaf Leidinger