Window geometry problem

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Mon Nov 28 15:56:28 CST 2005

Pavel Troller wrote:

>Hi!
> I would like to report a long lasting problem with an application, which
>renders its main window incorrectly in wine.
> The app is "iRiver caption editor" and it can be freely downloaded at
>http://www.iriveramerica.com/download/ce.zip .
> Installation of the program is easy and proceeds and the program itself runs
>well, but its window looks like a total mess. For a snapshot, look at
>http://www.sinus.cz/~patrol/ircape.png .
> I think it's not necessary to write more, what's wrong, simply the widgets
>are misplaced, incorrectly sized, the window has scrollbars, which it IMHO
>shouldn't have etc. The window is not resizable.
> It's the only app known to me which exhibits such a behaviour. I don't have
>a possibility to test it on a real windoze system, I don't have it.
> I'm about to file a bug for it, but I'm asking first here to verify that
>it's not an easily resolvable problem with my setup etc., and also whether
>a similar (or the same) behaviour isn't already registered.
>                                        With regards, Pavel Troller

Finally got around to test this app. My conclusion is that the app
itself is broken. The control misalignment is caused by a varying size
of the default application font (in Windows it is "MS Sans Serif"). This
problem can also be replicated in native Windows by selecting "Large
Fonts" in Control Panel->Display, in the Advanced options of the last tab.