Question about current Shell Folder registry settings...

Markus Gömmel m.goemmel at compulab.de
Tue Nov 29 07:47:45 CST 2005

Hello,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/ShellFolders has
the following settings on a freshly installed system after first calling
wine:

AppData                    c:\windows\profiles\mgoemmel\Application Data
Cookies                    c:\windows\profiles\mgoemmel\Cookies
Desktop                    z:\home\mgoemmel\Desktop
Favorites                    c:\windows\profiles\mgoemmel\Favorites
Personal                    z:\home\mgoemmel
StartMenu                c:\windows\profiles\mgoemmel\Start Menu

Can anybody tell me why "Desktop" is set to Z: instead of set to
"c:\windows\profiles\mgoemmel\Desktop"?

And as a second question: would it be ok to add "My Music", "My Pictures"
and "My Video" to this registry key? I would do this if anybody would agree
that it's ok, and would send the necessary patches. Some if my programs
blames me about these three missing values. If yes, where should it point
to? z:\home\mgoemmel\My Music? Or would it be not much better to also point
"Personal" to "c:\windows\profiles\mgoemmel\My Documents" too?

Thanks for any answers and/or discussions...

Markus Goemmel
m.goemmel at compulab.de