[wined3d] update hw support

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Wed Nov 30 05:09:25 CST 2005

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 07:56:54AM +0100, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> > The way I would recommend for pci bus scanning is to parse
> > /proc/bus/pci/devices the only problem is that this is linux specific.
> > Something similar can be done on other OSes though. Another way which is
> > more portable is to use libpci but it isn't installed on all systems.
> Guess
> > something like this would need to be added to some 'kernel' dll...
>
> Better use libsysfs or /sys/ directly if you do that.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

The use of /sys is an option too but it is 2.6x specific. The same holds for
libsysfs and I'm not sure if everyone has the library installed. Parsing of
the devices file is very easy and the file format has been the same for a
long while (atleast from 2.2x to 2.6x). Each line just contains the
device/vendor ids, pci device class and everything else we might need. In
case of /sys a lot of dirctories/files need to be checked for detection
whereas for /proc/bus/pci/devices only one simple file needs to be checked.

Roderick

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl