winedbg not starting

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 2 12:32:46 CDT 2005

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> AVRStudio.exe hits an unimplemented msxml function and tries to start the
> debugger. For me this fails:
> /home/wine/wine/wine AvrStudio4/AVRStudio.exe
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:msxml:domdoc_createNode
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> err:winedbg:main Invalid event handle: 0x100
>
> I run wine from the compilation directory, so I use the full path to
> wine. Aedebug has also the full path to winedbg.
I suppose it's a vanilla Wine tree...
what happens is that the event used to synchronize with the debugger is
not valid in the debugger
what happens is that the event doesn't exist (or no longer exist) when
the debugger starts. this can happen if either the crashing program died
at some point... where does in your log process 8 terminate ?
A+

--
Eric Pouech