Release plans

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 03:52:14 CDT 2005

James Liggett wrote:
> Molle Bestefich wrote:
> > There's a newer (4.8) IDA Pro demo, but alas, it cannot be installed
> > under WINE CVS HEAD :-/.
>
> That's odd...I got IDA 4.8 demo to install and work without any problems
> at all. Perhaps something broke recently?

Must have.  Recently?  Not so sure.  I've tweaked the docs to reflect
this (point to idafree 3.85b, which is the only ida that works right
now - sort of, and GoVest) in the meantime.

> What sort of errors do you get?

The installer can't create it's installation directory.
Creating the directory manually does not help.
Creating the directory it would've created - manually, then pointing
the installer to the parent directory does not help.
Using UNC paths and similar hacks does not help, as the installer
truncates '\\' to '\'.
Tried with CVS from yesterday and about a week ago.
Tried nuking ~/.wine and recreating it, that didn't help either.

Now that I think about it, there's one more thing I could try:
Replacing \ with / - I'll give that a shot when I get near a Wine box again.

If you get it working, let me know, I'll be happy to tweak the docs again.