CreateFile access/sharing problem

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:19:22 CDT 2005

On 03 Oct 2005 20:59:13 -0700, Michael Ost <most at museresearch.com> wrote:
> > Bless your soul.  It ought to be pretty easy for someone to
> > convert that little program from C++ into C and add it to the Wine test
> > suite.  (Would you consider doing that?)
>
> Sure, but I don't know where the tests are. Somehow I haven't run across
> that yet. Can you point me?

$ grep -l 'open(' dlls/*/tests/*.c
dlls/kernel/tests/file.c
dlls/msvcrt/tests/file.c
dlls/msvcrt/tests/printf.c

Looking at the three, I'd say  dlls/msvcrt/tests/file.c.
To build a standalone Windows executable of that file, do

 cd dlls\msvcrt\tests
 cl -DSTANDALONE -D_X86_ -I../../../include file.c

or, if dimi's patch isn't in yet, you need two more defines:
 cl -DSTANDALONE -D_X86_ -D__i386__ -Dinline=__inline -I../../../include file.c

Then you can run the same executable on both windows and linux.
I'd build and run the test as is before changing it, just
to make sure it works.