AppDb account problem

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Oct 4 04:13:49 CDT 2005

A bit over a week ago I received an email telling me that my AppDb
account would soon get deleted due to inactivity. I don't really
remember creating an AppDb account but it is possible I did. So I went
there to check it out but of course I could not remember my password.

So I typed my email address and clicked on 'Email me a New Password' but
got the following error message:

      Sorry, that user (fgouget%40free.fr) does not exist.

So I tried my other email address and got the same message. So at this
point I see two possibilities:

  * I don't have an account on the AppDb. Why did I receive an email
saying my AppDb account was inactive then?

  * Or there is a bug in the 'Email a New Password' functionality. Maybe
it's the '%40' causing the problem?

Either it's a bug in the AppDb code so I thought it would be good to
report the problem here.

           tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY