Migrate website documentation to the Wiki

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:55:00 CDT 2005

Jeremy Newman wrote:
> Also, don't forget. The WineHQ docs are in SGML which provides tools to
> convert it to any format. (html, PS, PDF, etc.) We really don't want to
> give up on those abilities.

Right.
Hmm, let's see.  Counting the number of items currently in use in the
SGML docs, there's:
 * Paragraphs
 * Headlines
 * Bulleted lists
 * Numbered lists
 * Cross references to other doc pages
 * Links to pages outside WineHQ

And probably a couple others.
Any Wiki has those too, just in a different (also ASCII-based) syntax.

I hereby volunteer to write a parser that eats MoinMoin (or whatever)
and spits out SGML to use in the conversion process.  Problem solved?
I hope so, but please feel free to try and prove me wrong ;-).

Let me know what's desirable and I'll whip something up.

> In fact, I'm now considering moving the entire WineHQ site to the wiki.
> You all have been doing a bang up job keeping the Wiki updated.
> So far proving me wrong that all Wiki's are junkyards of useless
> outdated information.

lol :-D.

> The only problem would be the WWN issues.

If anyone has the time, here's a dumb newbie that'd love to be
enlightened..  Why?