Release schedule after release?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Oct 4 10:36:22 CDT 2005

Holly Bostick <motub at planet.nl> writes:

> But the docs, of course, have to be valid for the future as well as (to
> a limited extent) the past. So how will one "Get Wine" after the
> release? Will there continue to be monthly public betas? Or will the
> release schedule change? Will the binary policy change? Meaning that the
> public betas (if they still exist) will not be available in distribution
> repositories, but Wine will now maintain its own stable and unstable
> trees, and only releases will be available to the distro repositories?

Apart from the version numbering, it won't change much. There will
still be regular CVS snapshots (I'm hoping to do them more frequently
than in the past, but don't hold me to that ;-), and binary packages
built from these snapshots. I have no plans to create stable/unstable
branches, at least not until we reach 1.0.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org