Undefined references

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 5 07:43:22 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 21:44, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:
> > Yes, thats the way I see it, from what I can see winegcc is being called
> > with -shared but is not emitting -shared in the subsequent gcc command
> > and includes libwinecrt0.a which would be wrong for linking a shared
> > library. Seems winegcc is broken.
>
> Including libwinecrt0.a is correct, it contains the runtime for both
> dlls and exes. The -shared flag is not defined in LDDLLFLAGS for
> Solaris, so it sounds that it's the configure check that is wrong.

Yes, fixed that but the linker still insists on including main() in the shared
library. If I remove libwinecrt0.a from the link then the link goes OK and nm
shows no references to main() in the shared library. Perhaps wine should have
different runtime startofffs for shared objects and executables like gcc does
for executable objects now at least this will remove any reliance on linker
behaviour?