font issues

luis lenders lgvlenders at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 01:44:00 CDT 2005

Hi, what i find rather confusing in current wine , is
that it only tries to use the fonts in
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts. Lets say i'm a new user
and i want to try out wine. I create a new directory
~/.wine and i try to install for example Guitar pro
demo:
http://213.246.36.227/download/GP4DEMO_EN.EXE

After install i try the program but it doesn't run
(there's a bug) So i want to change settings via
winecfg. I end up with the following screen: (see
attachment) This is because Guitar Pro places some
weird font in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts. Of course
can remove the font again or copy other fonts to
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts but this is beyond the
knowledge of new wine users i guess. Is there a simple
way to avoid these kinds of issues?

Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling
worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com