Improve Bugzilla Query page usability by changing default state?

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 00:54:26 CDT 2005

On 10/9/05, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> wrote:
> If you used vi and cvs ci say to maintain the page instead, it
> will hardly be any faster (in fact, judging how fast cvs works
> against SF or even WineHQ, it will definitely be slower).

That's only true if I get my changes right the first time!
But perhaps I haven't really identified the problem I
have with wikis.  It could also be that I have had too many
bad experiences editing documents in web browsers.
Now, if the wiki was as responsive and reliable as gmail,
maybe I'd feel better.  But there's probably more to the
story, e.g. I feel more comfortable with formal markup
languages, and dislike the baby markup of wikis.
Whatever.  It's probably not worth arguing about.

> I love vi too and I understand your position -- I think
> you should use whatever tool you want. However, you were
> making a very good point a few days ago about Bugzilla,
> saying that "if you really want to help Wine, please do
> try to get over your loathing of Bugzilla; it's
> a perfectly usable tool once you get used to it."

Yeah, the irony was on my mind!

> And hey, MoinMoin is certainly no worse than Bugzilla. :)

No, there's a real difference: in Bugzilla, one is not even
trying to do formatting, it's really plain text.  That makes the
requirements much lower.  There are other differences, too.
- Dan