[WINEDOC] IDA workarounds

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 02:16:57 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:
> Molle Bestefich wrote:
> > James Hawkins suggested using native comctl32 as a workaround to get
> > IDA running.
>
> I don't want this sort of thing in the docs: it's too transient,
> and I hope we'll fix it rather then document it. If you want to
> capture this sort of information somewhere, the AppDB would be
> the place.

That particular comment takes up ~10 words in the text and will save
everyone that's getting started with Wine debugging hours of their
precious time.  It might even cause some people to stick with Wine
because they have a good, working disassembler, instead of giving up
on that account.  Not mentioning it and wasting their time just
because of a puritanical POV on what "belongs in the docs" is rude to
them, IMHO.

I'll be happy to do yet another documentation update when Wine reaches
a state where it works out of the box.

Alternatively, I could put everything regarding IDA into the AppDB as
you suggest and then send a new patch which links to it from the docs?