MS Office 95/97 needs native odbccp32.dll

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 10 03:54:16 CDT 2005

Michael Kaufmann wrote:

> The MS Office 95/97 setup program fails when using the built-in
> odbccp32.dll. A native version of this dll is on the installation media.
> Since 2005-07-08, Wine doesn't use this file because of this patch:
> http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=18748

Does Office 95/97 ship a version of odbccp32.dll in C:\windows\system,
or in some other directory?

> - Implement the needed functions in odbccp32.dll

Ofcourse implementing the necessary functions would be the best
solution, but until somebody does that I guess putting a note about dll
overrides in the appdb would be OK.

If we simply set odbccp32=n in the default user.reg nobdoy is going to
fix it.

Mike