Test If Running Under Wine

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Mon Oct 10 07:22:28 CDT 2005

Craig macLeod wrote:

> I have some code to test for the existance of explore.exe and if not
> present then assume we are under Linux. Is this sufficiently generic?

I think that is best. Since you are looking for the specific missing
fixture, that could be fixed in future versions/Installations. Also you
might consider suppling with your application installation a most simple
"explorer.exe" that does exactly what you need. If it is to display a
folder, look in codeproject.com they have a sample. Contact me off list
I have a couple of hours work on top of that sample.

Free Life
Boaz

> (foreign languages etc)

I've looked and did not find other names for it.
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe is probably it.
You also have the shell= in registry but that is not Necessary it.
also you have the public Window class: ExploreWClass => EXPLORER.EXE
(look in MSDN)

Free life
Boaz