D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Oct 11 15:24:58 CDT 2005

Hello,
I've got the light test running successfully, but I have a problem and need
your advice:

WineD3D can't create a device without a Window. For DirectDraw and D3D7
running without a Window is valid, at least to a certain extent. The D3D
light test does so, and some games use this for some purposes. So I need to
do something for the case HWND == 0 or the d3d surface is not a primary
surface.

* Modifiy WineD3D to work without a window. I don't really like this solution.

* Create a hidden window to pass to WineD3D. Such a thing seems to be in
DirectDraw allready, at least there's a WNDCLASS member in IDirectDrawImpl,
but it's always 0.

Does DirectDraw create a internal window somewhere? Is this a useable way to
go, or should I try to modify WineD3D for this purpose?

Stefan

(I CCed this mail to Olivier because WineD3D is heavily involved here.)