How to install mozilla active in wine

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Oct 11 22:09:04 CDT 2005

Le lun 10/10/2005 à 12:12, Dan Kegel a écrit :
> On 10/10/05, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> > > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
> >
> > Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do you
> > want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should we
> > remove that question all together?
>
> Good question.   One little issue is that that page
> says the plugin is very finicky about which version
> of Mozilla it works with.  It would probably take
> a bit of work to make sure that was all working smoothly.
> One might even consider bundling Firefox and the ActiveX control
> with binary packages of Wine.  But I think that brings
> up another good point: the decision about what to
> do about that address probably is best answered by
> whoever builds the binary packages.

IIRC, the maintainer of the Mozilla ActiveX control doesn't have that
much bandwidth to spare on Wine users downloading it, so we needed to
find another place for that file. The logic place is the sourceforge
download servers, but then we need some logic to automatically download
from one of the currently active servers. I sent such a patch a couple
months ago to wine-patches, but it wasn't applied (screen-scraper,
depends on the format of sourceforge pages, etc.).

Vincent