[DSOUND] add DirectSoundFullDuplex support

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 06:24:40 CDT 2005

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> 2. This is not a good time for this changes (code freeze is still in affect).
>
> Find some bugs in bugzilla to fix <g>

I'm getting a sick feeling to my stomach here.
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding things?

You're rejecting a perfectly fine patch to Wine, because
it's the wrong season of the year to send good patches?

What was wrong with doing what everyone else does -
 - create a branch for the up-and-coming release,
 - keep applying good patches to trunk,
 - cherry pick *very* important patches (clean bugfixes) and merge
them to the branch?

?

People tell me that Wine are always two steps behind.
Doesn't surprise a lot, if perfectly fine patches are rejected from
entering development trunk.

What's the idea here, to make sure that CrossOver and Cedega are
always a good step ahead?  Do they have too little business value to
keep sales up if Wine is allowed to develop too fast?  Or what's going
on?