Reality check

John Smith devel8421 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:35:03 CDT 2005

>Please do not keep up such high expectations, they are not warranted
>and will not be fulfilled.
Isn't it too high to expect that before answering somebody will read
original posting?
Once again: originally I didn't have any expectations, but tried to suggest
a generic workaround for different kind of bugs (those that can be fixed by
tweaking configuration parameters like infamous Managed=N). And was told
"c'm on, the biggest problem in fixing the bug is to reproduce it". Well, it
has been proven not to be the case.

See also parts of the original discussion here:
http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/WineLib#Using_the_Registry_to_alter_Winecfg
"S. Shemesh: If you give a scenario that is easilly reproduceable, it is
rare that problems go more than a couple of days unfixed."
"All we are saying is "pin-point the problem for us".

"More than a couple of days"? Do "6 weeks" qualify?