[DSOUND] add DirectSoundFullDuplex support

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Fri Oct 14 08:58:22 CDT 2005

Friday, October 14, 2005, 5:24:40 AM, Molle Bestefich wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> 2. This is not a good time for this changes (code freeze is still in affect).
>>
>> Find some bugs in bugzilla to fix <g>

> I'm getting a sick feeling to my stomach here.
> Maybe I'm just misunderstanding things?
I think you do.

> You're rejecting a perfectly fine patch to Wine, because
> it's the wrong season of the year to send good patches?
I have no power to accept nor reject path. All I'm trying to say, is that right
now (Oct 14 2005) Wine is in a "code freeze" (see announcement about that few
weeks ago). That announcement stated that only "small bug fixes" or other well
warranted "small changes" will go in until after Wine 0.9 is out. And they will
probably get lost and will have to be resent.

Don't get me wrong here - I am excited as you are about some one working on
dsound. It's just a wrong time to send this huge patches in.

Also if you haven't looked, there are lots of open bugs in bugzilla that sooner
or later have to be fixed.

Vitaliy