[WINEDOC] IDA workarounds; Re: Help translating Japanese error message in installer

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Fri Oct 14 11:09:27 CDT 2005

James Hawkins wrote:

>On 10/11/05, Alex Villací­s Lasso <a_villacis at palosanto.com> wrote:
>

>>Could you please point me to the URL of the patch that is supposed to
>>fix the IDA installer and has not been committed? I would like to try it
>>with the Japanese RPG installer I asked about earlier. I tried googling
>>for the patch, but there are so many uncommited patches by Frank Richter
>>that I don't know which one(s) to pick, and since the error happens on
>>what looks like a standard edit box, I don't know which file is supposed
>>to be modified.
>>

>I believe it is this one:
>
>http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-September/020456.html
>
>--
>James Hawkins

I have tried the patch, and it actually works! The installer works
correctly past the problematic point and installs the RPG. This patch
should be included in the CVS ASAP, because a whole class of installers
(all InnoSetup installers) can get fixed by this, as well as many Delphi
applications, and the IDA program that seems to be necessary for many
Wine developers. This is not a enhancement, it is a bugfix, and as such
it should be merged despite the code freeze.

Alex Villacís Lasso