D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Oct 15 14:20:36 CDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 08:13:24PM +0100, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> We could do that, or we could signal the other thread an tell it to release the context which
> should cut down on the context switching, I'm not sure how easy that would be to setup (it doesn't
> seem possible using even objects because the thread has to be waiting)

Well, the 'signal' option is (AFAIK) what Transgaming does in Cedega to fix
the issue.

> Another option would be to create a new context that shares resources with the other contexts and
> copy over the state from the old context to the new one.

And this is what I planned to implement when the I have the motivation and
the time (discussed about it on IRC with a guy some time ago trying to find
the best way to do that).

I may try it one of these days for some specific cases (like for Dungeon
Siege) and if it works, generalize to all cases.

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/