HL2

Andreas Schneider andreas.schneider at linux-gamers.net
Sat Oct 15 14:43:35 CDT 2005

Hi,

I got wine compiling on x86_64 with some 32bit libs today and tested HL2 again.
Steam updates and works just fine, but if I want to start HL2 it always throws a
message "The latest version of Microsoft DirectX is required to play Half-Life 2"

I've updated the DirectX version string to the latest version

"Version"="4.00.09.0904"

but this doesn't help. Could someone help me to debug for what else HL2 checks?

The console outputs only

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_GetDeviceCaps Caps support for directx9 is nonexistent at
the moment!

Thanks,

	-- andreas

--