D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Oct 15 14:58:27 CDT 2005

> How about creating a new thread to to all rendering, and make the calls call
> this thread and block until the function's finished? Is this possible?

Yeah, this was another option we discussed (the 'marshalling' option as we
called it :-) ). Was deemed too slow as it would reduce performance of games
using a single-threaded rendering system (the vast majority of games).

The problem with that is either you know beforehand that it will be
multi-threaded or it's too late (as once you detect it, you cannot go back
as your context is already taken by the other thread).

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/