D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Oct 15 15:00:49 CDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 08:44:05PM +0100, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> It may be easier to do in DirectX 7 because of the
> way it manages states.

Well, I wanted first to handle 'special cases' like applications using the
second thread just to do lock / unlock on the buffer or loading textures
(which is a good part of the cases). For those, no need to handle states as
they are not needed anyway.

Applications that are really doing multithreaded 3D rendering are quite rare
(and the only case I know is just starting with one thread and then moving
to another while not using the previous one again).

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/