NTDLL - breaks MDAC Installation

Ray Jones rayjones at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 09:44:54 CDT 2005

Mike McCormack writes:

> Perhaps try adding the following line to the dll overrides section in
> user.reg:
>
> "advpack" = "native, builtin"

I did that already, it is necessary to install IE since the switch to the
WineCfg-tool, without the native dll IE won't install, because it is not able to
connect to the internet to download/check components. Err, or whatever MS is
doing there ;~
However IE-Installation works with any "recent" Config-File-WINE (and
Sidenet-configuration) without a native advpack.

I've not figured out yet which patch exactly "did it".