ChurchWindows 2005 Trial install success... some elbow grease required

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Oct 20 01:52:10 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:33:47AM +0200, wino at piments.com wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:37:19 +0200, Dan Kegel <daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >But the IE registry key is something
> >Wine should maybe set by default.
>
> Nonsense, then every prog would be misled as to what is present on the
> system.
At first I thought that Wine should have set it by default (just as mentioned
in a recent wine-devel mail), but you're right, I'd say we should only set it
once Wine is able to cover a significant amount of IE functionality (i.e.
we do have a usefully working browser). Which might just as well be never...
The risk of programs failing due to discovering our IE version key and then
unsuccessfully and *silently* trying to use our horribly incomplete IE
functionality is a lot worse than not having the IE key and thus programs
usually telling the user that IE is not available and that he should install
it.

Andreas Mohr