Linking wine *dll.so libraries with Linux applications ?!

Michael Ost most at museresearch.com
Thu Oct 20 13:02:06 CDT 2005

> is it possible to link Win32 Wine libraries (*.dll.so) with a Linux
> application. Suppose we have a simple Linux gcc program main.cc
>
> #include <vfw.h>
> int main(int argc, char** argv)
> {
>   AVIFileInit();
> }
>
> which utilizes Win32 library features. When I try to compile it and
> link I do not have any problems:
>
> g++ -Wall -g main.cc -lavifil32 -o main

If I understand your question correctly you want to use wineg++ instead
of g++. We run linux apps that use Wine APIs all the time and that's the
key tool.

I can't give you specific commands that work because I am working in an
older "vintage" but you should be able to sort it out. wineg++ has a -v
option that is very useful for sorting out what's going on.

- mo