bug 2398: OpenGL, child windows, and wine

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Oct 20 13:25:42 CDT 2005

> Yeah, this is for a customer of ours who has the OpenGL in child
> windows problem.  The easiest way around this was to get them to
> modify their code to draw onto dibsections and blit to the window.
> Then all we needed to do was to implement the OpenGL on dibsection
> bit.

Ah I understand now. Do you know when the 'in DIB section' patch will be
sent to wine-patches (maybe after the 0.9 freeze) ?

I think once this is in, I will try (for fun) to see if I can get a hacked
version of wgl.c together which uses DIB for the 'in window' rendering part.
It would only handle 'back buffer' rendering (i.e. the DIB flushing would be
done on the swap buffer call) but it could be a temporary solution waiting
for a real OpenGL guru (i.e. not me) to fix using funky extensions :-)

      Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/