Are Visual Basic install problems common?

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:22:49 CDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Dan Kegel <daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> can understand the problem better.  My first app is Church Windows;
> it's difficult to install because it assumes you have MFC40, MFC42,
> and the VB Runtime already installed, because it checks the IE6 version,

It might be interesting to begin sifting through everything Microsoft
has distributed these DLL's with to find out if there's any that allow
redistribution.  If they're redistributable then this simply becomes a
packaging issue as a quick fix.  Barring that, if MS allows for
redistribution of those DLL's with a valid VB app, then maybe someone
can write a simple VB program and distribute the DLL's with it.

-Brian