wine ptrace trouble

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Sun Oct 23 19:59:44 CDT 2005

Alexandre Julliard schrieb:
> Peter Beutner <p.beutner at gmx.net> writes:
>

>>- as wineserver doesn't detach from the process it will get the next SIGTRAP signal and
>>  appearently it seems to ignore that signal
>>- [as nobody cares about the SIGTRAP signal the process get killed]
>

> At this point the server does a PTRACE_CONT which is supposed to let
> the process handle the signal. You should try to figure out why this
> doesn't happen.

hmm it appearently is a kernel/ptrace issue as Marcus Meissner supposed.
I just tested it on x86 and it works fine, while on x86_64 it doesnt work.
I will dig a bit further if time permits.

Just out of curiosity, why does the server continue ptracing after "the work is done",
instead of just detaching?