DirectX9 and Halflife2

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Oct 25 09:10:26 CDT 2005

Regarding performance make sure you start halflife2 using:
WINEDEBUG=-all wine hl2

To make sure that this happens launch steam normally and hide it (if
possible which is only the case in KDE right now) and then go to the hl2
directory (in case of a steam install
'steamdir'/SteamApps/'username'/half-life2) and type the command there. HL2
should start fine as long as steam is running.

Roderick