Wine regression testing: PIT_

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Thu Oct 27 07:06:06 CDT 2005

Le mercredi 26 octobre 2005 à 16:49 +0200, Molle Bestefich a écrit :

> We actually /ask/ people to do regression testing, here f.x.:
> http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/x1344
> to find a patch that breaks things.  Some developers has probably
> recommended that approach on the mailing lists too, I know I have.
>
> The approach is useless however, until these simple fixes are applied
> to the tarballs (preferably through the versioning system).

I just got a new idea:

Instead of appliying new patches to old versions which is unmaintainable
imho, we could have VMWare installs of Wine and people could download
the VMWare image of any Wine release and play it for free using the
VMWare player !

I guess the download size will be quite big, but a small distro with
only X, Wine, Gnome and KDE and required dependencies for example could
fit on half a CD I guess.