wine overstepping the mark?

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Thu Oct 27 13:38:27 CDT 2005

I tried to compile wine-cvs on Gentoo and it got stopped during the
install stage with a sandbox violation.

This is a gentoo feature protecting the system from software that steps
outside its own territory. It seems that wine is taking it upon itself to
mod the mimetypes for the whole system.

Is this an oversight or am I misreading it?

Sorry the output got chopped but you get the picture.

LOG FILE = "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-app-

rename:    /usr/local/share/applications/
unlink:    /usr/local/share/applications/
rename:    /usr/share/applications/.mimei
unlink:    /usr/share/applications/.mimei