Could not determine operating system. Exiting.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Oct 27 14:28:35 CDT 2005

Thursday, October 27, 2005, 1:06:01 PM, Pavel Troller wrote:
>> >   So what I need now, is an exact string, which NT4.0 put to the OS envvar.
>> You was really close: OS=Windows_NT
>>
> Hi!
>   Thanks, it's really what the program was checking for!
>   Now the installation proceeded and even succeeded without a glitch!
>   However, the installed program doesn't run :-(.
>
>   It requires to start the service first. The following occurs:
>
> patrol at arcus:~/.wine/drive_c/SYSD$ wine Sysd.exe -1 -start
That does not work ATM on Wine. Wine can't handle any services because there is
no infrastructure at all to support them.

Me and several other people working on this, but this will not be available for
some time. Also I'm not sure what that service does, but if that is some kind of
hardware driver - this will not work. As our goal to have only "self contained"
drivers working (those that for most part allow something that you normally can
not do on winNT from user space).

Vitaliy.