DirectDrawEnumerateExW calls DirectDrawEnumerateExA

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Oct 27 17:40:29 CDT 2005

Le jeu 27/10/2005 à 02:32, Saulius Krasuckas a écrit :
> * On Thu, 26 Oct 2005, Vincent [ISO-8859-1] Béron wrote:
> > * Le mer 26/10/2005 à 16:26, Lionel Ulmer a écrit :

> > > Well, we could move the DDraw code to Unicode and do the opposite
> > > (have the A function call the W one). But as the only strings we
> > > report to the application are in English anyway and are not planned to
> > > be localized anytime soon, it's a bit overkill to do this work for no
> > > gain at all.
> >
> > I started work on this already (but only to get rid of the corresponding
> > item in the output of winapi_check).
>
> What exact changes do you mean? (I just may don't understand some
> sentences in english by a first look)

dlls/hhctrl.ocx/hhctrl.c has a call to MessageBoxA from HtmlHelpW.

dlls/shell32/systray.c has a call to Shell_NotifyIconA from
Shell_NotifyIconW.

dlls/version/install.c has a call to VerInstallFileA from
VerInstallFileW.

dlls/wininet/internet.c has a call to InternetCheckConnectionA from
InternetCheckConnectionW.

dlls/winsock/socket.c has a call to WSAStringToAddressA from
WSAStringToAddresW.

I have patches for the above, which I need to resubmit. The hhctrl one
is supposed to be replaced by properly launching our help engine.

I also started work on the dlls/ddraw/main.c call to
DirectDrawEnumerateExA from DirectDrawEnumerateExW.

> > I don't know when it'll be ready for submission (I have a couple others
> > to resubmit as well).
>
> Can you, please, mention them.  If you are gonna finish all of them, then
> OK, tell me and I'll drop my idea of doing the same. :)

See above. There are a couple ones in winspool which I haven't check and
don't plan to (I don't have a printer to verify).

Vincent