The Holy Grail - Wine 0.9 - thanks to all

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 05:42:08 CDT 2005

I think this particular patch: http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=20640
stopped the game from crashing right after the load screen :)

I'm curious though, when you say the graphics are flawless, does that
include the "intro movie" at the start? For me it seems to get the
first frame / background wrong. Note that the pattern used is the same
as the one used for the initial X root window, but with the colors
inverted.

Something else that's wrong, for me at least, is the fact that fog
seems to be missing.
I suspect this particular err indicates the reason:
err:ddraw:set_render_state Unhandled dwRenderStateType
D3DRENDERSTATE_RANGEFOGENABLE (00000030) value : 00000000 !

However, as far as I'm concerned neither of those are major issues,
just the kind of stuff that makes the difference between "decent" and
"great" support for an application.