DirectSound problems - dlls/dsound/mixer.c

Randall Walls rwalls at gwi.net
Sun Oct 30 15:40:14 CST 2005

OK,

Tested with Battlezone 2. Both patched and unpatched the in-game (non
movie) sound exhibits a popping sound (minor but mildly annoying) with
lines and lines of

 fixme:wave:DSD_CreateSecondaryBuffer
(0x454d16b8,0x4686cad8,ca,0,0x47a002ec,0x4041b054,0x47a002c8): stub

and

err:dsound:DSOUND_MixInBuffer length not a multiple of block size, len =
281, block size = 4

The first error I expected to see again, and I believe that this is the
one responsible for the popping noises. The second I thought could be
rectified by your patch, which seems to have tried to pad the length to
match a block size multiple, but it appears that either I interpreted
your comments wrong or the patch did not succeed.

Also tested DeusEx - sound exhibited no errors. In the past the game had
always sounded just a bit fuzzy, although I have not played it in so
long that it might not be your patch that fixed this issue.

I've got a couple other apps that I can test. Will report back.

Randall