DirectSound problems - dlls/dsound/mixer.c

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Sun Oct 30 16:47:40 CST 2005

Thanks to everyone who responded. It sounds like the patch might not have solved all the problems, but it's generally a good improvement.

I will do some more work yet before submitting anything to wine-patches (well, I've submitted one trivial patch already - it hasn't yet been accepted). ALSA with emulation and OSS both (still) do not work on my own system (OSS with emulation, acceleration not supported due to ALSAs crummy emulation). I want to at least sus out why - there may be a trivial fix lurking in there somewhere.

Also I want to look at the 'length is not a factor of blocksize' problem that Randall Walls mentioned (I see the same message sometimes when I exit StarCraft).

Will post another test patch here when I've made better progress.

Davin