Suggestions for improvement of the emulator

Ivan Leo Puoti ivanleo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:59:05 CDT 2005

Troy Rollo wrote:
> The process requires that
> developers risk their work amounting to nothing because it won't be accepted.
> How many times have you seen people say that "Alexandre doesn't always know
> what he wants, but he knows what he doesn't want"?.

That's a problem vitaly and I now have, ntoskrnl can run kernel mode drivers just fine (Ok, it has
for months but only recently it's started using real device handles), but Alexandre doesn't like
some things about it and doesn't have any alternative solutions, so we're sort of stuck with 4100
lines of working code, but no immediate prospect of getting them committed. Also I've recently
noticed that very few of the patches being submitted are being committed, mainly because Alexandre
appears to be *very* busy with some work (mac support maybe?), so dependencies of ntoskrnl that
could go in now are still pending approval, the result is development isn't as fast as it could be
because we aren't sure what to do next, have no indication of what really needs to be changed in our
code, and we have to wait several days to know if what little we have submitted is ok, and when
you've got loads of patches that depend on each other that is a bit of an issue.

Ivan.