[Now ns7] Dragon ns8 problem

Jean Magnan de Bornier jean at bornier.net
Tue Sep 6 11:19:08 CDT 2005

Le 05 septembre à 23:40:10 wino at piments.com écrit notamment:

| On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:23:26 +0200, Jean Magnan de Bornier
| <jean at bornier.net> wrote:

[...]

| Again I think this was covered in earlier posts but I seem to recall wine
| not being able to control the recording level. I set it to a suitable
| level before starting NS IIRC and it got through to the dictation training
| OK.
>
| Depending on your hardware and mixer software you should make sure you
| over-driving the sound by putting sliders at 100% and take care not to
| confuse mike input and the mike capture settings.
>
|  'mik' seems to be the ammount of the mike input that is fed back to the
| output mixer and is independant of the mike capture level.
>
| It is mike capture you need for NS.

 jean at borlap /home/jean % amixer set Mic,0 100 cap unmute
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
  Capture exclusive group: 0
  Playback channels: Mono
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono: Playback 31 [100%] [on]
  Front Left: Capture [on]
  Front Right: Capture [on]

This is not enough, it appears!
Sound level is not ok for dns. I'll have to search a little more; hope
ALSA is not a problem per se for natspeak or wine?

| >  Strangely, as I have the french version, the text I'm
| supposed to read for volume check is in english??
>
| What's strange about that? Most software works that way !

OK, today after a reboot, opening natsepeak.exe brings me to the expected
french interface!

| Glad to hear you're getting somewhere.

Sure, thx!

--
  Jean Magnan de Bornier             |        Cours Victor Hugo
  e-mots: jean at bornier.net        |        13980 Alleins   France